Friday, May 3, 2013

Avocado Salad Dressing

I went to the grocery store today and they had Avocado's on sale 2 for $3.00! 

I love avocados but have only had them so many ways. Well my best friend told me about her co worker who is vegan and how she uses a very ripe avocado for salad dressing. So I figured lets add a bit extra and make my own dressing!

I first tried using a blender but it just wasn't enough to really blend it together, unless you make a larger batch. So I switched to just mashing it together and it worked great. This recipe makes enough for two large salads and is delicious!



Ingredients:
1 Very Ripe Avocado
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 a lemon
salt and pepper to taste
Container to store

In a small bowl put the pitted and peeled avocado half's, olive oil, salt, pepper, and squeeze the lemon once or twice to taste. Mash them together and mix well. Store for a day or two, might turn a little brown but will still be okay to eat.







No comments:

Post a Comment